Student Services: Enrollment » Kinder & Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Enrollment

Kinder & Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Enrollment

Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment

Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is offered at all elementary schools. To enroll in TK, a child must be 4 years old on or by September 1. Check out our "What is Transitional Kindergarten" webpage to learn more!


Kindergarten Enrollment Requirements

To enroll in Kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old on or by September 1.

Each child must have the following required enrollment documents: 

  1. Proof of Age: Legal Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, or Passport, Affidavit of parent, guardian, or custodian, local registrar or county recorder statement

    - Custody paperwork or proof of guardianship (if applicable)

    - Immunization records

    - Proof of physical exam for school entry

    - Previous school records (grades, attendance, behavior)


  2. Proof of Residency: (two of the following is required) -- Mortgage Statement, PropertyTax Bill or Escrow Papers; Property Title or Deed; Rental Contract, Lease, or Payment Receipts; Pay Stubs; Voter Registration; Government Agency Correspondence; Declaration of Residency


    - 2 Pieces of Business Mail or Utilities Services Bills or Contract (such as gas, water, electric. No cell phone or cable bills)


    - Living with a homeowner or renter of the District – Statement of Residency; Affidavit must be obtained from homeowner and parent/guardian of enrolling student. This document affirms that you and the child(ren) reside at such address, along with proof of residency listed above.

  3. Immunizations Records: Please provide the following to verify child's immunizations:
    - Certificate of immunization from health care provider. Your child's health examination needs to be completed before school begins in August. California law requires that each child have an oral health assessment by May 31 in kindergarten or first grade, whichever is the child’s first year of public school.