Certificated Personnel- Substitutes
Welcome to Lynwood Unified School District Human Resources page for Substitutes! Here you will find information for Substitutes and current training opportunities.
The Human Resources Department is committed to the recruitment, retention and training of our Substitutes that will create a positive and effective 21st century learning environment for our students. Our goal for our Substitutes is to build a foundation of employee excellence through training and development which supports the mission and goals of the district. Substitutes will find links to helpful information such as trainings and requirements for employment.
We encourage you to explore this site that was created just for you to discover what’s available, what’s new and what Human Resources can do for you
Substitute Expectations During Distance Learning
All Substitutes are required to wear masks upon entering the school grounds until further notice.
The District will correspond with all Substitutes through their mylusd.org email. As long as you are an official Substitute of Lynwood Unified School District, your mylusd.org email will be the main source of communication in lieu of your personal email. Daily auditing of your mylusd.org email is highly recommended.
All Substitutes are required to go to the school site for their substitute assignment. Arrival time to each school site is 8:00 AM. You will check in with the Secretary. The school will provide you with a device and safe place in which to work. If you did not previously receive an email to be a co-teacher, you will need to receive a classroom code from the Secretary. Follow the Substitute Quick Reference Guide for directions on accessing the Google Classroom here.
Substitute official work hours are from 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Although distance learning classes end at 1:30 PM, Substitutes are expected to be available during this time to assist with parent questions, student homework help, calling home to check on absent students or complete online trainings which can be accessed here.
All Substitutes are required to take attendance in AERIES. The Secretary at each school site will generate a sub account for you the day of your assigned duty. Please see the Taking Attendance video link on slide 7 of the Resource Guide This video should be viewed during your planning time (8:00 – 8:45 AM) on the day of your assignment.
All Substitutes will continue to complete the sub cards for payment. A Principal’s signature is required at the completion of your substitute assignment.
The end of each sub assignment is 3:00 PM. Please remember to have the Principal sign your sub card. Return your device and any other materials received from the school to the Secretary before you leave at the end of the work day.
Work at Home
If and only if you have adequate and consistent internet service, a working computer that has a camera and mic, you may receive prior approval from the Principal to work at home. This is a case-by-case basis at each school. The Principal has the final authority on this issue.
Digital Training for Distance Learning
These are our available District recorded Distance Learning Trainings that can be accessed anytime, anywhere. Our recommendation is that you view a training each time you accept a substitute assignment during the scheduled office hours between 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM.
- Weekly webinars: These webinars are also recorded for future viewing, in addition to the webinars we offer, we have also reached out to our vendors for their schedules so teachers can attend or view them as needed.
- Digital Learning Notebook: This guide contains links to step by step guides as well as videos to assist teachers with expanding their knowledge on the tools supported by LUSD.
- 1:1 Coaching sessions: This calendar is for staff to book a 30 minute virtual 1-on-1 session with a coach to discuss Ed Tech questions.
- Digital Learning Youtube Channel: Containing many how-to videos for teachers and students, our Youtube Channel has new videos added weekly as are the webinar recordings (consider subscribing to the channel to receive updates). Many of the videos are created based on teacher input.
- Digital Learning website: A catch all for all the above resources and more, such as links to guides, videos, and Help Decks to assist teachers in learning and expanding their knowledge of the digital tools used in LUSD.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
California Credential Information
Credential Renewal maybe done online only. Please refer to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing website for the latest information regarding California Credential requirements.
The renewal process for your Clear, Professional, or Professional Clear Credential, or reissuance of your 30-Day Substitute Permit can be submitted on-line with the use of a major credit card.
Begin by visiting the CCTC credential renewal web site.
- Enter your social security number and date of birth.
- Select the renew box next to the credential(s) that you wish to renew.
- If you have a professional clear credential you will need to enter information for the self-verification process. If you hold a 30-Day Substitute Permit, a Clear, or a Professional Credential the system will take you directly to step 4.
- Answer the Personal and Professional Fitness questions. If you answer yes to a question, a full explanation is required in the text box provided.
- Complete all required fields to process your payment. Enter a confirmation e-mail address. You will receive an e-mail confirmation shortly thereafter - please forward this confirmation notice to Human Resources office. When you receive your renewed credential, bring it in so we can make a copy and update your records - or copy both sides and send the copy to Human Resources.
- Print the confirmation of payment page for your records and record your confirmation number.