Lynwood Community Advisory Council (LCAC)
The Lynwood Community Advisory Council ("LCAC")
The Lynwood Community Advisory Council is a group of parents and school representatives who advise the Special Education Local Plan Area ("SELPA") and Lynwood USD on matters related to special education.
The purpose of the Lynwood Community Advisory Council ("LCAC") is to inform and educate members of the community, so that a broad base of community support and participation is developed. This enables the committee to advise SELPA and Lynwood USD in all matters concerning the identification and educational management of individuals with exceptional needs.
Authority and responsibilities of the Lynwood Community Advisory Council include, but are not limited to:
- Advising the administration of Lynwood USD and the Special Education Department in the development of the local comprehensive plan;
- Making recommendations on annual priorities addressed by the plan;
- Assisting in parent education and recruitment of other volunteers;
- Encouraging public involvement in the development and review of the Local Plan;
- Supporting activities on behalf of individuals with exceptional needs;
- Assisting in parent awareness of the importance of school attendance
The next Lynwood Community Advisory Council (LCAC) meeting will occur on Friday, October 6 at 9:00 a.m. The meeting will be held at Bateman Hall in Room 1. The address is 11331 Ernestine Ave. Lynwood, CA 90262.
We hope to see you there!!!
La próxima reunión del Consejo Asesor Comunitario de Lynwood (LCAC) tendrá lugar el viernes 6 de octubre a las 9:00 a.m. La reunión se llevará a cabo en Bateman Hall en el salón 1. La dirección es 11331 Ernestine Ave. Lynwood, CA 90262.
¡Esperamos verlos ahí!